THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

You never know how much S!@# you have till you start packing.

Okay, so business hasn't been so great this year here on the Gulf Coast. Now with the oil spill.... well let's just say the decision to move back to Hotlanta couldn't have come at a better time.
I started Packing for our family of 8 last month. Thinking that by taking things slowly, I wouldn't become overwhelmed with total chaos. I have seperated & organized **everything** from my closets & dresser, the kitchen, dining room, attic, and Griffin & Drakes, Trinitys, & Andrews rooms. Packed up ALL our bookshelves. ~ That in itself took 20 boxes!! Yes, we are a family that LOVES OUR BOOKS ;o)I now have Yardsale items stationed in a bedroom and boxes ready to go lining the hallway and dining room walls. Dave has organized the garage .... believe me it has been an even trade. LOL
Honestly ~~ the house is a disaster & some monents it's all so overwhelming. While packing their things, I get caught up in the memories, reflecting on the kids when they were younger, smaller.... needed me more, loved me completely. When I was their everything, instead of someone taking the air from grumbeling teenagers. Luckily I have 3 younger children that haven't hit puberty yet, YET...lol.
I live for Chi Tea breaks & bubble baths. Lately, that hasn't been enough ...so, what do I do? Like most... I call my mom. She says, "sometimes you need to step outside.... get some air .... and remind yourself of who you are and where you want to be." Thanks Mom, for reminding me.
....Now where did I put that Advil???

0 comments: